When to use
Use a content header in the following cases:
- To introduce the user to the current page.
- To show the page title.
- To provide core description of the page.
The content header consists of the following elements:
1. Page title
- The page title is short and descriptive. It reflects the content in just a few words.
- Most pages should have a page title. Starting pages or dashboards can be an exception.
- The page title is located between the breadcrumb or back navigation and the subline.
- The subline is a secondary headline that elaborates the page title or contains meta information.
- The subline is located below the page title.
- The subline is optional.
3. Breadcrumb / Back navigation / Context
- Breadcrumb, back navigation or context are located above the page title.
- Use back navigation for low hierarchy websites and breadcrumbs for greater depth.
4. Secondary content actions
- Secondary content actions are related to the entire page. They are located in the top right corner of the content header.
- For more than four actions use a more menu. Show the main actions on the page and place the additional actions in the menu.
The following content header options are available:
Minimal content header
Most pages need introduction and therefore should have a page title.
Content header with subline
Content header with breadcrumb
A breadcrumb is only visible when backwards navigation is possible.
Content header with back navigation
A back navigation is only visible when backwards navigation is possible.
Content header with context
A context can be the parent of the page.
Complete content header
The content header is placed in the main region at the top of the page.
Do’s & Don’ts
- Show the most relevant content actions and use a more menu to pool the others.
- Don’t show more than four page actions in the content header.
This chapter shows several content header styles in the design system.
The following table gives reference to the different colors and shades:
Please refer to the specific component pages for specific style details on each element.
|Page title||all||Foreground color||Gray 800|
|Subline||all||Foreground color||Gray 400|
|Context||all||Foreground color||Gray 800|
The following table gives reference to the different font sizes and weights:
|Page title||all||Siemens Sans Black||36px||43px||left|
|Subline||all||Siemens Sans Regular||17px||25px||left|
|Context||all||Siemens Sans Regular||14px||20px||left|
Sizing and spacing
The following measurements show the dimensions for this component:
The bottom spacing is at least 16px. Depending on the following content, it can be increased in steps of 8px.