When to use
Use a content header in the following cases:
- To introduce the user to the current page.
- To show the page title.
- To provide core description of the page.
The content header consists of the following elements:
1. Page title
- Most pages should have a page title. Starting pages or dashboards can be an exception.
- The page title is short and descriptive. It reflects the content in just a few words.
- The page title is located between the breadcrumb or back navigation and the subline.
- The subline is optional.
- The subline is located below the page title.
- The subline is a secondary headline that elaborates the page title or contains meta information.
3. Breadcrumb / Back navigation
- Breadcrumb is used for orientation.
- Breadcrumb and back navigation are located above the page title.
- Use back navigation for low hierarchy websites and breadcrumbs for greater depth.
4. Content actions
- Content actions are related to the entire page. They are located in the top right corner of the content header.
- For more than four actions use a drop-down menu. Show the main actions on the page and place the additional actions in the menu.
There are the following content header types:
Minimal content header
Most pages need introduction and therefore should have a title.
Content header with subline
Content header with breadcrumb
Content header with back navigation
Breadcrumb or back navigation are only visible when backwards navigation is possible.
Complete content header
Do’s & Don’ts
- Show the most relevant content actions and use a drop-down menu to pool the others.
- Don’t show more than four page actions in the content header.
This chapter shows several content header styles in the design system.
Please refer to the specific component pages for specific style details on each element.
The following table gives reference to the different font sizes and weights used in the component:
|Page title||Siemens Sans Black||36px||43px||left|
|Subline||Siemens Sans Regular||17px||25px||left|
Sizing and spacing
The following measurements show the dimensions for this component:
The content header is used as a block. No matter whether it has a subline or not, the bottom spacing stays the same either way.