When to use
Use busy indicators in the following cases:
- For activities (short, indeterminate) requiring user attention.
- To display the status of a process.
- To notify users that something is loading.
A busy indicator consists of the following elements:
1. Progress ring
- An animated circle shows that something is loading at the moment.
2. Background ring
The following busy indicator options are available:
- If a busy indicator is triggered by an element or component, place the spinner in that component / element and disable the element while the busy indicator is visible.
- You can place the busy indicator at a point where the user’s attention is required.
This chapter shows several busy indicator styles in the MindSphere Design System.
The following table gives reference to the different colors and shades used in the component:
|Progress ring||default||Background color||Gray 800|
|Background ring||default||Background color||Gray 200|
|Overlay||default||Background color||Gray 800||Opacity 70%|
Sizing and spacing
The following measurements show the dimensions for this component: